Skip to main content

Self-Assessment

 

    Do you feel your blog meets all the rubric criteria? If not, then what areas need work?

    I think that my blog lacks compelling content. It borders on formal and informal whilst also providing only the bare minimum content. This is due to how unfamiliar I am with this style of writing and also by how much leeway is given in terms of what content is expected. I also like to bounce between formal and informal writing styles depending on the assignment. Typically one would commit to one style depending on their blog theme and content but I do both.
      Which aspects of writing assignments on a blog confuse or create stress for you?

      The writing assignments so far have confused me because they feel like they should have more guidelines than they do. For example in the assignment instructions, it feels like there should be certain key points that we need to include in our posts even though that kind of specificity isn't typically expected of a writing class.
        Are you putting your best efforts into assignments and blog writing? Or,  do you procrastinate and then have trouble completing your work?

        As far as Tophat assignments go I feel as though I am doing well.
        If I'm being honest, I'm not putting my best effort into my blog writing. I hold a lot of internal uncertainty and so when I'm trying to do my assignments I feel myself holding back or keeping the content to a minimum. This also means that I do tend to put off my blog posts unless I am absolutely sure I know what I'm going to write about.
          Do you review and revise your blog posts for grammar, mechanics, and readability?

          As far as the mechanics of writing goes, I naturally steer towards something that reads naturally. I use a google chrome extension that checks for grammar or spelling mistakes as I write and so I don't have much trouble with this aspect of writing.
            Writing on a blog can be risky since the blog is public and will be seen by others. How do you feel about other students reading your blog and peer-reviewing?  (it's okay to feel uncomfortable - that's normal).

            I don't foresee myself blogging about anything that I would want to keep public so I have no issue in terms of the privacy aspect. Peer reviews, on the other hand, have always made me uncomfortable and given me anxiety but that is more so a personal flaw I have within myself. In my writing classes throughout high school, I always felt judged for what I was writing about in one way or another. Critique is one thing, but I always felt that my character and intellect were always called into question whenever a classmate reviewed my work.
              What would you like for us to discuss in class to help you improve your blog writing?

              I personally would like to see more examples of both formal and informal blog writings to have a reference for how formal/informal we can be.
                What have you learned about blogs that you did not know before?

                I have learned more about the history of blogs than anything else in this course so far. Before taking this course, I was already familiar with the versatility of blogs and the formats that they could have but I never bothered thinking about the first blog ever created or how many blog posts are created every day.

                Comments

                1. Your blog is well put together and easy to navigate. I like that you included the questions and then your answer, easy to read and understand! You had well thought out answers for the questions, good job!

                  ReplyDelete

                Post a Comment

                Popular posts from this blog

                About Me

                What do I look like?  Where am I From? Georgia, United States of America No, really. Like where is your family from? My family is from Mexico. My mom's side is from a mid-eastern region of Mexico whilst my dad is from a northwestern region. My two older siblings were born there but my family all moved to the united states before my younger sister and I were born. I personally have never been but I do hope to go one day since all my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins are down there and I have never met them in person. What's your major? Business Management. What do you want to do when you graduate? that's a very personal question how dare you ask me that? (I'm not sure.) Do you have any hobbies? I used to. I was an avid reader for a large part of my childhood. Heavy class-loads and work-loads over the past 5 years or so have made my reading habits practically nonexistent. Well, what do you like to do in your spare time? Before COVID-19 ruined our lives I enjoyed go

                El Caribe Gris

                 What were the difficulties you encountered when reading Caribe Gris ? When reading Caribe Gris  it was difficult to coherently understand what the text was about. When reading the excerpt from the doc I wasn't able to easily differentiate between what were the author's words and what wasn't. I wasn't able to decipher what was what based on word choice because the english translation made everything weird for lack of a better term. Real photo of me very confused reading

                The French and British Rule of Grenada

                Pre-European Settlement The islands of Grenada were originally occupied by the peaceful Arawak people. They were wiped out by the Carib people who were much more violent. The Caribs claimed settlement over the land for 150 years or so following their take-over. Any attempts made by British merchants to also form settlement were met with resistance, and they were forced to leave.  French and British From 1650-1763 Grenada was French territory after Jacques-Dyel du Parquet of Martinique purchased it. Following the Treaty of Paris, Grenada was surrendered to Britain. There was some give and take as France repossessed Grenada in 1779 only to be restored to Britain again in 1783.